More and more tech enthusiasts are gravitating towards the top rated 2-in-1 laptops in order to avoid having to choose between a laptop and a tablet, offering them the best of both worlds. A 2-in-1 laptop is a personal computer which combines the advantages of a traditional laptop with those of a contemporary tablet for the most complete and convenient user experience possible. But, what exactly are the benefits of a 2-in-1 laptop and how can you ensure you get a model which will allow you to enjoy all of them?
Back to Top of Top Rated 2-in-1 Laptops
Choosing Top Rated 2-in-1 Laptops
When searching for a top rated 2-in-1 laptop, do not simply go with the first model you happen to come across. Much like traditional laptops and tablets, each 2-in-1 laptop is designed with a different kind of user in mind, so you should take your own needs into consideration before deciding which of the many models available right now is right for you.
Below, you will find some of the top rated 2-in-1 laptops, as well as a brief discussion of each detailing who stands to gain the most from purchasing it.
Laptops 2 in 1 Guide
A few recommended Top Rated 2-in-1 Laptops and some of their key features are outlined below and at Top Rated 2-in-1 Laptops.
Lenovo ThinkPad T480p - Best Laptop for Work
If the 2-in-1 laptop you choose is going to become a staple of your work arsenal, be sure to go with a model primarily intended for professional settings. Take Lenovo, for example. 2-in-1 laptops in the brand’s ThinkPad T series are often chosen by professionals as they can run full versions of Microsoft Office and other similar software and applications.
The Lenovo ThinkPad T480p is particularly popular in offices owing to its Solid-State Drive - which performs up to three times faster than its more common counterparts - its 12.5-hour battery life, and its Windows 10 Pro operating system.
Full Review: Lenovo ThinkPad T480
- Processor: Intel Quad Core i5-8250U (1.6GHz - 3.4GHz, 6MB Cache); Graphics: Intel UHD 620
- Features: 8GB RAM, 250GB SSD, Fingerprint Reader, WiFi + BT
- Display: 14" HD LED 1366x768; OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
- Warranty: 1 Year Lenovo Warranty 1 Year Oemgenuine Warranty
- Memory & Hard Drive Upgrade | * - View Product Description for complete details and notes
Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Yoga - The Ultimate Work Horse
Want the beast of all 2-in-1 laptops? Check out my Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Yoga, which I take around the world. All my Apple friends are constantly plugged in and looking for outlets, while I can sit at the beach for almost 4 hours uplugged, enjoying my 1 TB of Solid State Hard Drive and 16 GB Ram. My last Thinkpad lasted 5 years and was in perfect condition when I got this new one. The only reason I splurged on a new one was because I didn't want to jet set the world for a year or more with a 5 year old laptop.
- VOTED BEST LAPTOP AT CES 2018: The ThinkPad laptop computer includes robust security features, like ThinkShutter, which covers the front-facing HD webcam, and match-on-chip fingerprint readers with anti-spoofing technology that helps to safeguard company data while featuring a more secure way to authenticate log-in credentials.
- 2 in 1 LAPTOP: The innovative Rise and Fall Keyboard on the Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga adapts to you; when you fold it into Laptop Mode, the keys rise so you can easily create a spreadsheet or write a report, then when you fold it into itself for Tablet Mode, the keys recess and lock. Y
- POWERFUL PERFORMANCE: Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga is equipped with the new 8th generation Intel Quad Core processor, plus ultra fast memory with LPDDR3 to keep you productive wherever you are.
- LONG LASTING BATTERY: Lenovo ThinkPad laptop delivers up to 15 hours of battery life, plus if you’re running low, the RapidCharge technology provides 80% capacity in just an hour. So a 60-minute lunch break or a layover can easily boost your battery up to 12 hours.
- DURABLE DESIGN: Tested against 12 military-grade requirements and passing more than 200 quality checks, this laptop computer is designed to withstand work, travel, fun, and anything else you can throw at it.
Acer Aspire R15 - Best for Gamers
Gamers tend to look down on tablets and 2-in-1 laptops as they believe such devices lack the speed and clarity necessary for them to fully experience their games. While it is true the majority of 2-in-1 laptops are not cut out for use by dedicated gamers, there are a number of models which were designed with gamers in mind, one of the most popular being the Aspire R15 from Acer.
The Acer Aspire R15 boasts NVIDIA GeForce 940MX graphics for an immersive gaming experience no matter where you are. It also promises superior audio quality, which is made possible by its dual built-in speakers and internal subwoofer.
Full Review: Acer Aspire 15 Inch 2 in 1 Laptop
- 7th Generation Intel Core i7-7500U Processor (Up to 3.5GHz)
- 15.6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) Multi-touch widescreen LED-backlit IPS display
- NVIDIA GeForce 940MX with 2GB of dedicated GDDR5 VRAM
- 12GB DDR4 Memory, 256GB SSD. Supports SDXC card reader. Up to 9-hours Battery Life
- Operating system is windows 10 home and operating system architecture is 64-bit
Dell Inspiron 13 5000 - Best for Streaming and Entertainment
In many ways, the Dell Inspiron 13 5000 is the middle ground between a 2-in-1 laptop which was intended for business and a 2-in-1 laptop which was intended for leisure. The backlit keyboard allows the user to tackle essays and reports, although some have reported its keys being a little too stiff for it to be of much use when taking on anything that extends beyond a couple thousand words.
Its 1920 x 1080 screen may not make for the most authentic gaming experience, but it does allow the user to stream their favorite movies and television shows with vivid colors and near-perfect clarity. This is arguably the ideal 2-in-1 laptop for those who aren’t particularly enthusiastic about technology and are simply searching for a sturdy laptop which they can rely on to perform rudimentary tasks on the road and in the office.
- 8th Generation Intel Core i5-8250U Processor (6MB Cache, up to 3.4 GHz)
- 8GB 2400MHz DDR4 up to [16GB], (additional memory sold separately)
- 256 GB (SSD)
- 13.3-inch FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS Truelife, LED-Backlit Touch Display with Wide Viewing Angles-IR Camera
- Be more productive. Windows 10 is the best for bringing ideas forward and getting things done
HP 15.6 Inch HD Touchscreen Laptop - Best for Affordability
Give some consideration to the HP 15T Touch, if you’re looking for a 2-in-1 laptop but don’t have the budget to purchase something like the Dell Inspiron 13 5000 or the Acer Aspire R15. The HP 15T Touch is a touchscreen laptop which can be purchased for less than $500, arguably making it the perfect introduction to 2-in-1 laptops.
Despite its low price tag, the 15T Touch boosts many of the features one would expect to find on its more expensive alternatives, such as a responsive touchscreen, a wide array of pre-installed apps, and a selection of ports.
Full Review: HP 15.6 Inch HD Touchscreen Laptop
- Consumer Alert: Most users do not need a license to operate this wireless microphone system. Nevertheless, operating this microphone system without a license is subject to certain restrictions: the system may not cause harmful interference; it must operate at a low power level (not in excess of 50 milliwatts); and it has no protection from interference received from any other device.
Laptops 2 in 1 Amazon Best Sellers
- Maximized Your Visuals: 13.3" super narrow-bezel touch screen (1920x1080) native resolution. IPS technology for wide viewing angles. Convertible design - allows you to switch between high-functioning laptop and portable tablet forms. The durable hinge makes it quick and simple to transfer to tent, stand, and tablet mode.
- Powered by 2021 Newest Upgraded Intel N4120 processor up to 2.6GHz (4 Cores, 4 Threads, 4M Cache), running faster and more stable, thank to 256GB Solid State Drive and 8GB high-bandwidth DDR4 RAM, large storage for best performance, enhance all day productivity.
- Built to Connect: Comes with 2xType-C port for your speedy data transfers, power delivery and video out, what's more, build in fast charger DC port, lastest 802.11ac Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.0, Windows 10 64-Bit, stereo speakers, Micro SD card reader, SSD expansion slot plus headset jack and integrated webcam.
- Awesome Backlit Keyboard: Works in two states: On/Off, 2-level adjustable backlight allows you to adjust your keyboard's brightness manually by "F2", provide you with better visibility in low light environments or even no light.
- Ultra-Thin and Light laptop: Typical weight of 2.8 lb/1.25Kgm for 13.3". Elegantly slim at 12.1"x8.2"x0.6", all mental body design makes it both portable and stylish.
- Thin, light, and stylish – This 2-in-1 laptop weighs just 3.64 pounds and is only 0.82" thick. It's soft and comfortable to the touch, with a durable paint that creates a better user experience. Digital pen included
- The 10-point, 14-inch FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS touchscreen allows the Lenovo Flex 5 14" 2-in-1 laptop to be comfortable, fun, and easy to use. It's also great to look at, with 4-side narrow bezels
- The 360⁰ hinge lets you use your 2-in-1 touchscreen laptop in whatever mode works best for you; Use it in 'Laptop' mode for everyday computing, 'Tent' mode for sharing things, 'Stand' mode for binge-watching, or 'Tablet' mode for more intuitive interaction
- Enjoy up to 10 hours of battery life, plus quick charge to 80% in just 1 hour
- Powered by the AMD Ryzen 5 4500U mobile processor with Radeon graphics, you have the performance to do more, from anywhere. With more cores, you'll experience responsiveness that leaps into action for productivity, gaming, and content creation
- 14.0-inch FHD (1920 x 1080) WVA LED-Backlit Convertible Touchscreen
- 11th Generation Intel Core i7-1165G7 Processor (12MB Cache, up to 4.7 GHz)
- 12GB 3200MHz DDR4, 512 GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD
- Intel Iris Xe Graphics with shared graphics memory
- Intel Wi-Fi 6 2x2 (Gig-plus) plus Bluetooth 5.0
Back to Top of Top Rated 2-in-1 Laptops
2-in-1 Laptops versus Traditional Laptops
When laptops first became popular in mainstream society, the game changed. Computers were portable for the first time, and busy professionals no longer had to restrict their working hours to the time they were at the office. Although they were seen as portable then, today laptops are viewed as bulky and inconvenient when compared to smart phones and tablets.
Laptops can also be a real pain in the neck when it comes to completing basic tasks, such as opening a video or loading a website. On a tablet, however, you can do both of those things by simply touching the screen, no dragging or double-clicking required. It is this convenience which the 2-in-1 laptop boasts over more traditional alternatives.
While you will be able to tackle the many major projects laptops are most suited for, you will also be able to enjoy content on Netflix and YouTube with one swoop of your finger, whether you’re at home, in a cafe, or trying to pass the time on a flight.
2-in-1 Laptops versus Tablets
When the tablet was first introduced, many people believed it to be the next step in the evolution of the laptop. Of course, they very quickly came to realize the average tablet, while impressive in a great many areas, was not suited to many of the tasks which the typical laptop user takes on in a day.
The tablet is largely a leisure device, which means it cannot be used to complete a several thousand word essay or to craft a spreadsheet or financial plan, which is why iPads and similar tools are very much unsuited to college students and professionals.
A 2-in-1 laptop offers all the perks of a tablet, some of which we covered in the previous section, while eradicating a great deal of the cons. While there are a number of differences between a 2-in-1 laptop and a tablet, the most obvious comes in the form of a keyboard.
If you purchase a tablet with the intention of pairing it with a keyboard, you will have to resign yourself to spending another $50 at least in order to get a reliable model which won’t malfunction or run out of battery after a couple thousand words.
A 2-in-1 laptop, however, comes with a keyboard attached, one which can be positioned according to your personal preferences and whatever function you need the device itself to perform.
Back to Top of Top Rated 2-in-1 Laptops