Our BaBylissPRO Travel Hair Dryer Review walks you through the pros and cons of this amazingly powerful small and lightweight hair dryer. For those of us who just can’t live without our hair dryers on the road, there is one hair dryer revolutionizing the way people look at travel hair dryers. This BaBylissPRO Tourmaline Titanium Travel Dryer packs a huge punch in a tiny little package and won’t take up more than the size of your hand in your luggage.
- Nano Titanium technology
- 1000 watts
- Dual voltage
- Ultra-lightweight design
- Folding handle
- Nano Titanium technology
- 1000 watts
- Dual voltage for worldwide use
- 2 heat/speed settings.Limited 12-month warranty
- Two speed and heat settings and 1000 watts deliver real power and versatility
Pros BaBylissPRO Travel Hair Dryer Review
- We love that this is an ultra-small and lightweight hairdryer. It can fit easily into any type of luggage, including small carry-on bags, and it weighs less than a pound, so it isn’t going to cause your luggage to be too heavy
- This tourmaline titanium technology hair dryer has an infrared heat setting, as well as ionizing technology, so using it isn’t going to contribute to dry, damaged hair. Your hair will be dry, without being dried out
- This hair dryer has an extended five-foot long cord, so you can actually move around while you are drying your hair. This can come in pretty handy if you don’t have a lot of access to electrical outlets, especially near mirrors
Cons BaBylissPRO Travel Hair Dryer Review
- One of our least favorite things about the BaBylissPRO is the fact that it only has two settings, and neither of these settings is “cool.” It just has high and medium heat settings, so you have no option but to dry your hair with heat
- Because this hair dryer is just 1,000 watts, it may not be the best option for those who have very long or thick hair. It is going to take a bit longer to dry your hair than it would with a more powerful model (but it will likely work a lot better than the hotel hair dryers)
Dual Voltage – one of the biggest issues with hair dryers in foreign countries is the voltage, often requiring a separate converter (not just an adaptor). You need a travel blow dryer model that will work anywhere, which means it needs to have dual voltage capability. The BaBylissPRO has built-in, dual voltage, making this an ideal choice for international travelers, and there is no need to buy a voltage converter. Here are some more of our favorite things about this hair dryer.
Tech4Trek Discounts for Digital Nomads and Travelers
- Note: If you join Google Fi through this link: Google Fi, we each receive $20 Fi credit.
- ExpressVPN - use this link to sign up and we each get 30 days free!
- Charles Schwab - pay NO fees for ATM withdrawals anywhere in the world and get reimbursed for those charged at machines. Use this link and you may get $100 when you become a Schwab client (** I don't know exactly how it works).
- Chase Sappire Preferred Card - pay no foreign transaction fees, get 60,000 bonus points (about $750)
- AirBnb - if you're new to AirBnb (is that even possible?), get $40 in travel credit on your first trip.
You need to have a hair dryer that is not going to take up too much room in your suitcase or add too much weight. This hair dryer is perfect in that sense because it is collapsible and very portable. You can fold the handle, making it small enough to store just about anywhere, including a zip lock sandwich bag, where I keep mine.
It can even easily fit into your carry-on luggage, and it isn’t much bigger than a dollar bill when folded up. It only weighs a few ounces ( less than one pound), so it won’t put you over your weight limit, and the light weight also makes it easier to use than heavier hair dryers.
You probably want to save as much of your money as possible to spend while you are vacationing. So, you don’t really want to spend a lot of money on a new travel hair dryer. The BaBylissPRO is priced at under $35, making it an excellent value.
You won’t have to spend much, but you also won’t be stuck using a hotel hair dryer, or even worse, having to go without because you didn’t want to buy an expensive model.
Unless you don’t have a lot of hair to work with, there really is no sense in spending good money on a hairdryer that doesn’t have a lot of power. You should be looking for one that is at least 1,000 watts, and that is exactly what you get with the BaBylissPRO.
It may look tiny, but it is huge when it comes to how much power it offers. You will be able to dry your hair in just a few minutes, and then get out and on your way for sightseeing, business meetings, etc.
No Hair Damage
Some hair dryers are known to cause your hair to dry out and become brittle. While this is going to happen when you apply any type of heat source to your hair, some are healthier to use than others.
This hair dryer is made with tourmaline titanium technology, which helps to lock the moisture in, so your hair is soft, shiny, and manageable after using it. Many of the more expensive and larger models cannot make this claim.
Many hair dryers, especially the more inexpensive models, can be extremely loud. Not only is using a loud hair dryer going to disturb anyone with whom you are traveling, it could even disturb people in the next room.
The BaBylissPRO is powerful, yet quiet, and it isn’t likely to bother anyone around you while you are using it, nor is it going to be loud enough to bother your own ears.
Back to Top of BaBylissPRO Travel Hair Dryer Review
Whether you travel for business or pleasure, if you are going to be gone for longer than a day or two, you will likely want to have a good hair dryer with you. The BaBylissPRO is an excellent choice, because it is compact, lightweight, travels well and is one of the tiniest hair dryers you are going to find, packing a lot of power, so you won’t be spending half of your vacation drying your hair..
It has plenty of power for most hair types, and the special technology ensures your hair will be soft and manageable.
Traveling with your own hair dryer can be very inconvenient, as they tend to be large and bulky (even some of the smallest models), and they add extra weight to your luggage. One of the worst things about using a hotel hair dryer is that it seems like it takes forever to dry your hair and you are constantly worried about some chunk of your hair be suctioned into the back of the dryer. These aren’t the highest quality hair dryers in the world, and they aren’t too powerful.
Back to Top of BaBylissPRO Travel Hair Dryer Review
Top Picks for Most Powerful Travel Hair Dryer
Hair Blow Dryer - tip: always start it on low in a new country until you understand how the electricity works in that country. Use the plug ends to move the voltage - dial is a bit hard to turn. Don't let the size fool you - this little baby fits in the palm of your hand, but it's as close to a full size blow dryer as you're going to get. So far, it has worked great in Asia, Europe and South America! How does it compare to my $150 T3 Travel Dryer? Couldn't tell you because two different times the T3 broke into parts in my suitcase before I ever got to try it. Meanwhile, this baby has been to 4 continents and dozens of countries with me.
JINRI 1875 Watt Dual Voltage Travel Hair Dryer - The Jinri 1875 Watt Dual Voltage Travel Hair Dryer is a well designed, foldable dryer with several coveted travel dryer features, like foldability, cool shot button, extra long cord and multiple color options.
Travel Smart by Conair 1200-Watt Folding Travel Hair Dryer - The Conair Travel Smart 1200-Watt Folding Hair Dryer offers a lot of features in an affordable and lightweight package. With 1200 Watts, multiple strength settings, an extra long power cord, dual voltage, this Conair Travel Dryer is a great choice.
Read More: Most Powerful Travel Hair Dryer
Travel Hair Dryers - Amazon Best Sellers
- The Conair 1600 Watt Compact Hair Dryer with Folding Handle is perfect for storage in small spaces as well as travel due to dual voltage
- Portable and Compact with folding handle. Dimensions- 3 x 4.25 x 7.625 inches
- Lightweight design; item weights only 1 lb.
- 2 heat / speed settings for all hair types
- Dual Voltage - great for travel
- The Conair 1875 Watt Compact Folding Handle Dryer has a full 1875 watts of drying power
- Folding handle for compact storage and travel
- 2 heat/speed settings for styling versatility
- Cool shot button locks in style. Dual Voltage for worldwide use
- Note-attachments may be hot during use. Allow them to cool before handling. While using the appliance, keep your hair away from the air inlet
- All the drying power without the weight of a traditional hair dryer!
- Tourmaline Ceramic Technology to help fight frizz while gently drying your hair
- Lightweight blow dryer with velvet touch grip handle for comfortable styling
- Travel hair dryer with dual voltage ~ folding handle for easy storage
- 2 Heat / Speed Settings for all hair types